Tuesday 14 December 2010

Week 8 (w/c 08/11/10)

This is another layout I did which should work well with either of my nameplates; it also allows room for more articles as I was told I needed during previous feedback sessions.


















 
 
I tried to make a mock up with this layout.
In order to see what it would look like I put everything in place, as I was doing this I realised that there were several things wrong with this layout, I also asked a few people to look at my it and tell me what needed improvement and what could make the magazine better, this is what I was told:
·         Doesn’t look like a local newspaper cover page.
·         Nameplate needs to be better/ more attractive.
·         Should have ONE main central article, everything else evolves around it.
·         Put articles side to side not top and bottom
·         Add image on nameplate that links to the target audience.
·         Not enough room or a healine.

With the feedback I have been given I have decided that my newspaper will have to conform to the conventions of a local newspaper in order to sell, this means I will now be changing my newspapers price from 10-20p per issue, to free. I will still keep my demographic the same because I still believe this will appeal to them, maybe even more now because it is free.
Now that I have seen what I don’t like about it I will be changing it. I have decided that the first nameplates I made are not good so I will not be using them anymore. I will be creating a few more new ones and I will be using a different type of layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers