Monday 13 December 2010

Week 7 (w/c 01/11/10)

I am now considering different types of name plate, as I think that what I have done is too simplistic, so much so that it is unattractive. This new nameplate will go along with a new layout that I am currently working on.



They have an image of a local landmark in the back ground, Battersea power station. This will appeal to my demographic because of the face that this is the place they know and are accustomed to. This nameplate is also much more attractive and sticks to my initial plan of having a simplistic nameplate.
I have also changed the name of my newspaper slightly, it is now called South London Shout, rather that The South London Shout, and this is because it is catchier, easier to say and can be abbreviated.
My newspaper will be challenging some conventions of local newspapers, but at the same time these conventions will be the base for my ideas and design. The convention I will challenge is the nameplate. My nameplate is not going to be in a typical font, also, I have noticed that some newspapers use a logo or emblem, I will be doing something similar but it will be a picture of a local landmark, thereby defining my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers