Monday 29 November 2010

Week 6 (w/c 18/10/10)

I have been working on the nameplate for my newspaper. I have already decided that I will name my newspaper ‘The South London Shout’. I chose this name because I noticed that the names of local newspapers usually included words such as (and dictionary definitions):
·         Herald - a royal or official messenger, esp. one representing a monarch in an ambassadorial capacity during wartime. A person or thing that proclaims or announces: A good newspaper should be a herald of truth.
·         Express - to set forth the opinions, feelings, etc., of (oneself), as in speaking, writing, or painting: He can express himself eloquently.
·         Guardian – a person who is entrusted by law with care of the person or property, or both, of another, of a minor or someone legally incapable of managing his or her own affairs.
·         Echo – Any close repetition or close imitation, as of the ideas or opinions of another.
·         Gazette – An official government journal containing lists of government appointments and promotions, bankruptcies.
·         Observer – a delegate to an assembly or gathering. Who is sent to observe and report but not take part in activities.
·         Journal –   a daily record, as of occurrences, experiences, or observations.
I wanted to use a name that was similar, yet not directly related to those listed above.
Below are the designs I have come up with so far. They are quite simple but this is because I wanted the name plate to stand out in its simplicity, just as the South London Press does.
I decided that I wanted there to be emphasis on the words south and shout, this is because they contain the same letters and can be seen as a clever remark which will amuse some readers and hopefully coax them into buying the newspaper.



The first of these three uses the font named ‘shadow tag’.
The second one uses an the font named ‘Arial’
The Third one uses a font named ‘Dora do’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers