Thursday 17 March 2011

Week 20 (w/c 14/2/11)

This week I recorded my advert. I used a different voice than the one I had used in my practice recording. When I had finished I edited the audio. I used Adobe® Audition to take the recordings I had and cut a space between the “does the news usually sound like this to you?” part and the “well, with the south London shout…” part. After doing this I saved it and began looking for gibberish sound effects online that I could download and put into the gap I had created.



This search was futile, so I thought that I may be able to download a bunch of different sounds, (such as alarm, loud bang, car crash, and an aeroplane crash) and place them one after the other to cause a loud sound that will represent peoples understanding of the news and what is currently going on in their community.

I spent a very, very long time searching for the right sound effects, but all the ones I could find were either too long or too short or too quiet. And if they were right, they weren’t free. So I abandoned that idea. I need to think of a way I can create gibberish; I don’t want to record it because it will be too obvious that it is just someone making noise.

I need to find a way to make the gibberish by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers