Sunday 13 February 2011

Week 13 (w/c 13/12/10)

I am researching some of the newspaper posters
I am now looking at the launch posters for newspapers. One newspaper I have found that was launched recently is ‘i’ from the publishers of the ‘Independent’. They claim to be a concise, straight forward and modern newspaper.



This is a picture of some of the pages in I’s promotional hand out that was given in the Evening Standard a couple of weeks before its release. If possible, it would be nice to do something like this, because i think that giving free samples is an effective form of advertising. 

I am also looking at the posters of established newspapers:

        I have learned that the use of words is important. In this poster they only use words, but the main word is “read”, the only problem is that this poster does not have the name of the newspaper it is advertising. The fact that there is no name on this advertisement shows how well established this newspaper is, I wouldn't be able to benefit from emulating this format.


I have learned that the use of  words is also very important for this advertisement. They only use words. They do show the name of the newspaper. I like this layout because the simplicity of this is what appeals to the audience. They include the name of their newspaper, this is good because it allows viewers to know exactly what they are going to buy.  


        This advertisement uses only words as well. I like this advertisement  because it has a long list of items (the contents of the newspaper) that comes to a total of 30p (the price of the newspaper). I like the idea of having the contents of the newspaper on the poster because it allows the viewer to have an insight into what is inside the newspaper before they buy it.


This advertisement uses an image as well as text. The image matches the wording. Showing that they stand out from the other newspapers. I also like the fact that they have used an image, unlike the others who have used words to form a picture or simply used words alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers