Tuesday 15 February 2011

Week 17 (w/c 24/1/11)

I have decided that I will be doing a radio advert for my second ancillary task. The reason for this is that I think it would be better to advertise my advert on the radio, as studies have shown that radio adverts are one of the most effective forms of advertisement. I also feel I have done enough design based work and I would like to try some new software, and I would like to experience working with audio, rather than still image.
In order to research radio adverts I spent time listening to the radio, I used a timer to measure how long each advert was. I found that a radio advert is usually 30 seconds (plus or minus 10 seconds). When I was listening to the adverts I also wanted to hear what style is typically used (e.g. funny, serious, conversational etc.) I found that there are a lot of light humoured adverts and adverts with jingles or catchy (bordering on annoying) songs,such as the “go compare” advert. I also looked at television advertisements for inspiration; I found a few I like, I liked the Co-operative adverts and I liked the TotalJobs.com adverts.













Another advert I listened to was the MI5 advert, they jumbled up the words so it didn’t make sense then said “if you enjoy solving puzzles….” This advert stands out to me. But I was unable to find it online.


My radio advert would be played on radio stations such as LBC 97.3, Capital FM 95.8, and Kiss FM 100.0. This is because these are the kind of radio stations that my demographic listen to. The advert will be played during the breakfast radio shows, at 6am - 9am, and the 5pm - 9pm slot. This is because my demographic will be listening to the radio at these times, at other times they will probably be working or spending time with their family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers