Tuesday 15 February 2011

Week 14 (w/c 3/1/11)

Here are some designs I have drawn up for my first ancillary product, the launch poster. I have two basic ideas; plain and busy. Plain means a simple layout, not too much writing and not too many pictures. Busy means more than one picture and a lot more text.



The first one simply says “South London Shout” and “get yours now!”. Although my research shows than newspaper posters thrive on their simplicity, I don’t think I want my poster to be too plain and simple. But I definitely want my poster to contain this picture or one similar to it. I also like the idea of having the words coming out of an open mouth; it gives imagery for the “shout” part of the name of the newspaper.

So the second design has the same picture but this time I have included a picture of Battersea power station. This is because the nameplate features a picture of the Battersea power station, and the South London Shout is going to be sold in Battersea, so the use of the Battersea power station will indicate this to my audience. I have also added more words, these words are the contents of the newspaper – “News, Sport, Fashion, Opinions” and under the mouth it says “Local newspaper”. This is similar to The Sun’s advertisement with the ‘receipt’ that includes the contents of their newspaper and what they offer.

I really like the idea of using content on the advert. So for my third design I have done the same thing as the second design but this time, instead of using the Battersea power station I am using words, such as news, sport, fashion, gossip, opinions, games, days out,  lifestyle, community, to fill the background.

My final design is similar to the previous one but it includes a picture of the Battersea power station. I have decided that I will not be using this design. It is far too busy and because of this people will not be able to understand what I am trying to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers