Monday 11 April 2011

Week 25 (w/c 28/3/11)

I have had feedback on my radio advert from some 23- 30 year olds and they felt that the girl doing the voice over sounds too young and they thought that it was aimed at 15-25 year olds as opposed to the real 20-50 year old demographic. So they suggested I use an older person. They also told me that the girl sounded monotonous so they suggested that I record it again with an older person with a more charismatic voice, they also mentioned that she should be better spoken because of the target audience (working-middle class 20-50 year old people).
They also said the volume of the music was too high and took over the speech towards the end, and they told me that from the “well, with the….” Is too long, the sentences need to be short and snappy.



I also asked a Media Studies graduate to listen to my advert and she said:

  • I need to repeat the name of the newspaper at the end of the advert because people tend to focus more towards the end.
  • The volume of music should be lower.
  • I should have a 3 second opening with just music.
  • It’s important to use a voice that reflect the target audience, so that the audience can relate, especially as they cannot see the person, the voice is very important
  • There needs to be more of a gap between the gibberish and the speech, you can barely tell that she has asked a question and offered a solution.


I was unable to find a new voice so I have made all the corrections I could with the same voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers