Saturday 20 November 2010

Week 4 (w/c 04/10/10)


I will now be looking at The Sun newspaper. I want to look at this newspaper because it is a very popular tabloid newspaper. This relates to my newspaper because I want my newspaper to carry some conventions of a tabloid newspapaer.

Layout
The Sun’s layout has a large picture that takes up most of the page, the headline is on top of the picture and then there is a small box that contains the first few lines of the article that redirect you to the inside of the newspaper to read more. Next to the large picture there are one or two articles that redirect you to the inside of the newspaper. The Name plate uses block colours which is simple yet attractive because of the bright colours.

Headlines
The headlines are usually very simple and catchy. They take up a lot of the page and cover part of the main picture. The headline may often be a joke or play on words, for example, “How do we solve a problem like Korea?”.  The Sun often have ‘exclusive’ stories or pictures.

Advertisements
There aren’t any advertisements on the cover of The Sun. There only advertisement-like thing on the cover of The Sun is content, this is next to the name plate.



Presentation
“A pleasing start”
Blog/Evaluation
(Target Audience, Decision-Making, Semiotic Analysis, Multimedia, Engagement)
“Focus here is on national newspapers that have established identity and different design conventions”

Main Task
local newspaper
“At an elementary stage at present more stages required. Remember it is a newspaper launch”
For my main task I learned that I need to make my newspaper look more like a local newspaper. In order to do this I would need more space for articles and more pictures.
I was told that I should not have to many advertisements, as the task dictates I should make a launch copy of a newspaper. This would mean I should put as many articles as possible to appeal to a wider range of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers