Thursday 25 November 2010

Week 5 (w/c 11/10/10)

I have been looking at the conventions of a name plate. For this I will be looking at two newspapers; the south London press and The Sun newspaper. This is because the South London Press will show me the conventions of a community newspaper and The Sun newspaper will show me the conventions of a national tabloid newspaper. This is relevant to my newspaper because I want it to be a local newspaper that operates as a tabloid.
South London Press:
The Name plate of this newspaper is white words on a blue background. This was done to allow a prospective reader of this newspaper to easily recognize it.
From looking at the name plate I think that the newspaper is informative and has a high readership. The simple contrasted nameplate gives off a simple, yet stylish, impression.








The Sun


The name Plate of this newspaper is similar to that of the South London Press, but The Sun uses a bright colour, red. They might have used such a bright red because it links to the name of the newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers